Hello english learner
In this course we will study the demonstratives: This, that, these and those.
The demonstratives have the function of showing the position of something according to the speaker.
This is singular, and refers to something that is near the speaker.
– This is my house.
– What is this?
That is also singular but unlike This, That is refering to something that is far from the speaker.
– Do you see that house? it’s mine.
– is that a bird on the tree?
These is the plural of This, it has the same function but for plural noun.
– These boys are my brothers.
– Let me see these books.
Those if the plural of of That, it refers to many things that are far from the speaker.
– Those things on the tree are birds.
– I can see those men coming to us.